We do not sell your name, email address or other information, except to third parties which may provide or offer the services you’ve requested from us or as otherwise described below under Disclosure of Personal Information.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
For services provided on or in connection with our Sites, we may ask you to provide personal information such as name, email address, phone number and zip code, and personally identifiable information, and may or may not include any other information provided by or for you, and/or provided by any other person for whom you may be seeking senior housing and/or care services (“Personal Information”). We may collect and store any Personal Information.
In addition, we may use Web site analytics tools, or other technologies, like cookies and Web beacons, to collect information about your visit to the Sites, including the pages you view, the links you click and other actions taken in connection with the Sites and our services. We also may collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every Web site you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring Web site addresses. We also periodically may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other businesses, business partners, contractors and other third parties which supplements the Personal Information we collect, use and disclose.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Personal Information to provide you with the services you have requested from us and to provide services to the senior housing and care providers who have contracted with us (“Participating Communities”) to be part of our referral information service program in relation to the services that we provide you. In addition, we use Personal Information to send you periodic email and newsletter communications about products and services offered by us or third parties, to operate and improve our Sites and services, to respond to customer inquiries, and to send you survey or other communications.
We use Personal Information also for our own internal business purposes including statistical, design or operational purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns and understand demographic trends among our users.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose, sell or share Personal Information about you with other people including:
- Participating Communities. We may disclose, sell or share Personal Information to one or more Participating Communities in order to provide you with the services you’ve requested. The Participating Communities may contact you directly by email, telephone, regular mail, in person visits or other means. We do not control how these Participating Communities use or disclose your Personal Information.
- Other Third Party Providers. We may disclose, sell or share Personal Information to one or more third parties with whom we have contracted to provide services to us. We may also disclose Personal Information to one or more third parties who are interested in providing services or products to you. We do not control how these third parties use or disclose your Personal Information.
- Internal Analysis and Operations. We may disclose Personal Information for our own internal statistical, design or operational purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns, and understand demographic trends among our users. We may outsource these tasks and disclose Personal Information about you to third parties, provided the use and disclosure of your Personal Information by these third parties is restricted to performance of such tasks and subject to confidentiality.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose Personal Information as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets or other business transaction.
- Aggregated Information: We may share aggregated, anonymous information that includes or is based on information about you with third parties. This is information that is combined with the information of other users and does not directly identify you. Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge third parties for this aggregated information. We also may not limit the third parties’ use of the aggregated information.
USE OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
Non-personal information collected at the Sites may be used and disclosed to improve the performance, functionality and content of the Sites. For example, we may collect and analyze collected aggregate information to determine how many visitors arrived at certain pages of the Sites, how long they stayed on those pages, and where they went afterwards. This information allows us to determine which pages might be the most interesting to our users and enables us to provide you with a richer experience on the Sites. Additionally, we may use non-personal information to improve the performance of the Sites and to customize the content, features and layout of the Sites pages for you.
Occasionally we share aggregate information with third parties, such as our advertisers and business partners, for marketing and promotional purposes.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES
Please be advised that we may provide links to third party Web sites from our Sites as a service to our users, but we have no ability to control, and are not responsible for, the privacy and data collection, use, and disclosure practices of such sites and the privacy policies of such Web sites may differ from the Sites. Therefore, we encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of such Web sites before providing them with any information. These other Web sites also may send their own cookies to you, collect your data or solicit your Personal Information. Always be aware of where you end up. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to accept cookies, you also have the ability to later delete cookies that you have accepted. In Internet Explorer 8, you can delete cookies by selecting “Tools”, “Delete browsing history”. Then select the control box “Cookies” and click the “Delete” button. If you choose to delete cookies, any settings and preferences controlled by those cookies, including advertising preferences, will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
We use reasonable security measures to store and maintain Personal Information to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction by any unauthorized party while it is under our control. Please note that while we will make reasonable efforts to protect Personal Information, no transmission of data over the Internet is 100% secure. All Internet users should take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to help protect yourself against identity theft.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING COMPANIES
We do not intend, and these Sites are not designed, to collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old, you should not register for our services or otherwise provide information on our Sites.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Companies that collect personally identifiable information from California residents and disclose such information to third parties for marketing purposes must, in response to a request by a consumer, either (1) provide a list detailing the categories of information shared and the entities to which such information was provided, or (2) provide a mechanism by which a consumer may opt-out of having their information shared with third parties. We have elected the second option and you may request that your personally identifiable information not be shared with third parties.
DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURES
No action is taken in response to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services. Although we use Google Analytics and other third party tracking tools for our Sites, we are not aware if third parties collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities when a consumer uses our Sites.
OPT-OUT OF APFM COMMUNICATIONS
We may periodically send you newsletters and other communications that promote the use of our services. When you receive our newsletters, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further newsletters by following the opt-out instructions that we include in the newsletter we send you. However, if you wish to opt-out of communications with Participating Communities, you must contact them directly as we do not control communications from Participating Communities.
QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
(Last Updated: Nov 2017)